though we're lucky to have them, a shoe is all we have left
Shoes of Iraq war victims There's something very sad in the gesture of someone using their shoes to express their anger at a person. It's sad because it tells me that we have nothing left to fight with, and we're down to the very things that help us walk over the rubble without getting injured, and we're willing to give those up in a last-ditch effort to make our point...
And the saddest part of all is the message wasn't received in any way, graciously or ungraciously.
I hope that someday Bush will fully understand and appreciate the kind of frustration that makes someone want to throw the only missile left to hand, and that he will feel remorse for the lives he has wasted.
2 comments:
Two days ago I emailed my friend Nedra an article about this from Sept 27th, 2004.
Knock it off with these psychic coincidences or I'll sic my friend Professor Xavier on ya, get it?
Maybe we were separated at birth...?
Post a Comment