08 March 2009

giving birth to ghosts (the storyteller's inner soliloquy)


What good is a character without a desire?
What good is a desire without substance?
What good is substance without a story?
What good is a story without character?
What good is character without desire?
What good is desire without life?
What good is life without an individual?
What good is an individual without character?
What good is a character without a desire?



4 comments:

yolanda said...

your post reminds me of "Adaptation", written by Charlie Kauffman, dir by Spike Jonz. It's a film I've always loved, and I watched it again last week, and can't stop recommending it to people! Scriptwriting at it's most intricate.

xxx

Unknown said...

Ah yes, I know it well. Too bad there's not a greater similarity between Mr. Kauffman's writing and my own!

LauraCassidy said...

I like this :)

Unknown said...

That was lovely ... and profound! Thank you for sharing it!

BTW ... I hope you'll be celebrating Earth Hour 2009. :)

Small Footprints
http://reducefootprints.blogspot.com