What could have possibly been more important than writing my self-important views about this and that?
Let me start by mentioning the conversation I had over the new year with my step dad about internet etiquette, responsibility, and exposure. He teaches kids who seem to perceive no connection between the real world and the virtual world. I talked with him about a need for internet responsibility curriculum in schools, right alongside health classes. So that seems to have dampened my bloggery (and Facebookery, but I don't really give a monkey's uncle about Facebook).
Instead, I have been busy with the following:
Getting excited about my sister's pregnancy. Aunty Molly! Whooo hooo!;
I have been spending my days eyeballing the pile of bills for my recent surgery needing to be paid;
Acquainting myself with Steve Carell's work after having won a heap of DVD's at a Christmas party, which included The 40 Year Old Virgin (which I'd never seen), and realising that guy I really liked in Little Miss Sunshine had been around in America for a while (and personally I think he's very good);
Singing happy birthday every morning with Lola religiously because she now not only whines but gives it a full-throated howl and a tail wag;
Crying and panicking one moment about whether or not I'm ever going to get any more work gigs and then fielding multiple phone calls about upcoming gigs and are-you-available-tomorrow type phone calls the next;
Emmersing myself in this quarter's Environmental Ethics course (one more quarter and I'll finally have my degree! That's, what? A four year degree completed in about 10 years? AWESOME! If I go for a Master's I can expect to finish in about 2039!);
Most importantly doing my Brain Training on the DS that Santa brought.
Ok... and playing with my Pony Friends Megan, Spanky and Stripey Legs on my DS, as well. Don't laugh, it's really important to ride and groom them every day!
So, you see? Not much to talk about, really.
1 comment:
Nothing to blog about? You have never seen The 40 Year Old Virgin before! That ALONE necessitates a full week of commentary on the wherefors and why.
I also had to say, I can TOTALLY relate to chasing a degree. I have been after mine for 6 years now, and don't expect to graduate until May of 2009. That will make it 8 years, start to finish. And that isn't counting my 2 years associates degree. So I totally feel you. I actually took Environmental Ethics recently, and enjoyed it - aside from the instructor being a total wanker, but as it was online I think it was just a communications issue. I hope you enjoy the class, and good luck!
Post a Comment