30 January 2010

in surrender to this journey



This has not always been a pretty transition, I acknowledge that. Some transitions are just like that.

Fortunately, the periods of lightness begin to outlast the darker ones. I'm slowly remembering to see the beauty in this life which I had forgotten, and the beauty in myself again which I had also forgotten. I can feel myself soften ever so slightly, allowing myself a little more vulnerability, just the tiniest bit. I am reminded that I want to be a beautiful person inside and out, and be a pleasant and enjoyable addition to life in this world. The reminders of life's beauties are beginning to connect with my brain a little better now in little ways, and I feel myself more often accepting the reminders that I am ok and this transition, this path, is beautiful as they are, and not berating the signs for not being huge, blatantly obvious fireworks from the sky.

It is a cycle of up and down, and I do have my very low times when I can't see the lightness of it. In those times I behave like a squirrel trapped in a pit, frantically running at the walls in an effort to get up them and inadvertently mauling any helping hand that comes within my reach. But I am eternally grateful to every person who has reached out to me, and grateful for all each person has to teach me.

I am feeling better today about the past that I remember with love, the future that I forgot and that I love, and the place that I have brought myself to here and now, which I am finding that I do actually love.



6 comments:

Unknown said...

The more you look, the more you see. I see you are. Blessings of Light.

the foxy file said...

Finally! I love you soo much my dear dear sister. This is the person you are always..loving and full of light and inspiration. I know you have always been mine.

Unknown said...

Believe me, it's not all great still. I feel like feeling ok is a lot of work most of the time. But there are moments when I know I'm ok.

Unknown said...

I feel strongly that there is a reason for all this. Be centered in this knowing, and with great discernment be open to what is to come. All blessing of Light, and the infinite power of Love. Om Jai Sai Maa

niamh said...

Yay! So glad you're feeling better, time really does help and you sound really positive now!

dissolved girl said...

i heart molly pants! (american pants!)