03 August 2009

title is empty

Laying awake thinking about a lack of work, thinking about the reasons for and against going after a higher education when I can't afford it myself, thinking about relying on the good graces of others to get me through and forever feeling like I'm borrowing and not making, and wondering once again what on Earth is the point?

Where is the justification for this so-called existence?



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your existence is sheer perfection. Be very silent, and listen to your higher self. There is an answer there. I promise! —M!

dissolvedgirl said...

What if you, for a moment, took money and earning out of the equation that determines your worth? (I know that's nearly impossible, at least for long.) Money's money, and you're you. And some of the most beautiful things about your existence have nothing to do with money; they're just there to be enjoyed.

Jennifer said...

I lay awake, thinking about the lack of work, and the reasons why I chose to pursue 'higher education', thinking about why I am unable to rely on others or ask for support, pointlessly(?) making and creating wondering what the heck is the point...

And forcing myself to remember that I love what I do, what I will do.

We are often alone together.

John said...

Watch the 5 Obstructions.
Work, as an existential reward, doesn't have to be for money... it can be for fun, for love, for self-improvement, for world-improvement. There is no "lack of work". There are just obstructions... and if you view them as Lars Van Trier does... they give you a framework in which to be creative.

Wishing you inspiration.

Unknown said...

Thank you all...
I think perhaps "lack of work" is incorrect. It should be "lack of income attached to my efforts"...

It'sGDE said...

I want to be an adventurer and learn to surf and see stuff and things. thats probably why i hold down the silly jobs i do, don't finish my degree and try to enjoy life.

GRR life should be about doing what makes you feel good and what you think is fun. I dont know about you but sometimes i forget what those things are. maybe when you forget thats a good time to try and remember.

lv u,
-e

M! said...

We call it Seva, in my circle. You just do stuff because you love doing it. You don't expect anything, and then when something does appear, well it is a huge surprise, and usually it is more than you ever dared dream for.

Seva All The Time!

Om Jai Sai Maa

-M!

Unknown said...

Some people call it paying your bills... can't work for free all the time.