12 October 2008

in response to trent lott

Not that he's going to read this, nor will the Moose Hunter, but none the less I wanted to respond to the remarks Trent Lott made in an interview with Newstalk reporter Karen Coleman, aired this morning, in which he defended Moose Mommy's apparent lack of understanding about what makes one an expert on foreign policy.

He never answered the question about how Alaska's proximity to Russia gives Moose Face unprecedented insight into Russia's leader's head. What he did say was that Anchorage Airport is a major jumping-off point for The World, although when I've gone to visit The World I've never, ever been asked to go through Anchorage. He also stated that by the same token he, too, has an understanding about Mexico and Mexican migrants because of Mississippi's proximity to the southern border and the presence of people of Hispanic origin in the US.

So I'd like to say first: Even though I live in close proximity to three different seas, this does not make me an expert on sea life, nor does it make me an experienced oceanographer.

Secondly: Why do they think they can keep perpetuating this faulty line of rhetoric? Are we that stupid (excluding Miss South Carolina)? Even worse, are they that stupid?

Jackson, MS to Monterrey, Mexico = roughly 800 miles.
Anchorage, AK to Moscow, Russia = roughly 5000 miles.

Can we get some maps in here, and quickly.



No comments: