12 February 2007

wasn't that an 80's thing?

Maybe my friends back in the good ol' US of A can help me with this one:



Has there been a sudden resurgence of "Baby On Board" signs in car windows the States? Because they're fricken everywhere here in Ireland and when I see them, I can't help but laugh...

Dude. It was such an 80's thing to have a stupid "Baby On Board" sign in your car. I can hear George Karlin in my head talking about them. And I can hear Homer Simpson writing that song for the B-Sharps.

Homer:
'Baby on board,
Something, something,
Burt Ward...'
Hey, this song practically writes itself!

I just want to tell these people that they're being totally embarrassing. That "Baby On Board" sign thing is sooooo last century!


3 comments:

Natalia said...

OMG...I saw one of thse yesterday and thought the exact same thing! Serendipitous.

-N

Unknown said...

I see them every bloody day! Until recently I had some neighbors who were without a car. When they found out they were pregnant, they went out and bought a giant, ugly Merc van and stuck a Baby On Board sign in it (even though she wasn't due for at least another 6 months) and a Jesus fish. I'm beginning to worry about people.

Natalia said...

Ohhhh that's a double whammy. The Jesus fish...me no likey. And I especially get pissed off when I see people with that "What Would Jesus Do?" bumper sticker and then they cut you off. Not really Christian-like, is it?

Bleah!

-N