Shannon has been struggling with motivation to make movies and exercise.
I don't know about the exercise bit because I haven't gotten off my ass for nearly a year now. However, I commented on Shannon's blog that I found refreshed motivation for simple movie making from watching people like Ze Frank do what they do on such a regular basis (and I realise that everyone else who does honest work doesn't necessarily have the time to indulge in pffaffing around with artistic endeavours, however minor they might be). And several of my friends, including Shannon and John, have expressed a desire to do little video projects just for the sake of doing them.
So how about this: I challenge you to join me.
I have started a short series of short topical videos called "Things I don't get along with". By saying this here and now, I have made myself accountable to you who are reading this, so therefore I must continue to do more.
If you have or can get access to a camera and a computer with some editing suite on it (or can suggest a cheap and simple editing suite for PC users who don't have iMovie), make a start by explaining in some way something you don't get along with... or if you're inspired to cover another subject, please do!
Once you have edited your movie, use this quicktime tutorial to help prepare your movie for streaming.
You can publish you work to YouTube, or to your webspace if you have it and then embed your work in your blog or webpage, or just share the link to the movie with your friends via email.
If there are enough of you interested, I will host another blog to which you can contribute comments and critiscisms, or just ask questions and share information.
Gmac, I would be interested to see if your students want to participate. And Dad, what about you?
Let me just up the ante by making this statement: if you say you want to do something but you don't take up my challenge, you're just a chicken (or a tofurkey, for you vegetarians). So THERE.
1 comment:
Yeah! That's what I'm talking about!
Post a Comment