Morning in Tilburg (by Snoggermonster Schnibble)
So... read on...
The cosmos. It's big. It's dirty. It's out to kick your butt.
It's funny how the cosmos can make you feel you feel like you're the only one in the world... everyone is busy getting on with life and you sit there like a bump on a log watching everyone's backs, mewling feebly only loud enough for yourself to hear, "hey guys wait up, don't leave me..."
You know you've done that at least once. If you haven't, I hate you.
This last month has been a raft of reunions for me and I love it. And as much as I want to say that it's because of this cry for attention that I call "mollyblog", it really isn't. I have often wondered if people ever think of me. I sometimes feel like I'm the one, with a few exceptions, who looks back and wonders, "I wonder whatever happened to so and so."
But this month has seen several favourite folks get in touch, from [names have been changed for privacy reasons] Superbrain who is working at MIT (whose wife is expecting twins!). From Barsharonakicking some political ass in Pennsylvania and growing her little family with her husband Brucybaby [sorry Bru... er, I mean..um...]. From the hugely talented Hernquistywho is going to keep me posted about getting an acting agent. From the Coop who is a writing machine and has an eBook published! From Nizzate and Mizzolly who are busy busy people and I miss miss miss them and their giant cat. From the artist formerly known as Miss. Wilson who has recently started a blog and who claimed me as her non-sexual partner before her excellent fella made an honest woman of her. And Deedle Lama, Travellergo, Katharine The Great who all dropped a line. And csifmh (can't forget you!) who sent me this:

And of course. there's all of you that I hear from regularly, Puddindad, Yer Mam, Johnbai, and El Clinto... and I thank you guys. You make me feel good. Except for that guy with the one eyebrow and his stumpy girlfriend who leer at me when I get on the train in the morning. They both look at me and then whisper to each other every time they see me. And this evening he was sitting in the pub next to my house, watching me go by with my shopping... leering at me with that one eyebrow... big dummies...
But honestly, what a nice September. You've made my year. Really. I'm all full of the warm and fuzzys today.
Speaking of El Clinto... last time you stopped by you had a story to tell me....
No comments:
Post a Comment